Walnut Shell Grit is a hard and fibrous product made from crushed Walnut Shell in accordance with global standard and it is the most soft type abrasive in the market. It has excellent durability and is now widely used to blast clean and polish soft metals, glass, fiber glass, wood, plastic and stone. It works as a deburring and deflashing product for molding, casting and electrical parts. It is an efficient soft abrasive when used to tumble and polish gun casings, jewelry and metal parts and can also be used to prepare surfaces and equipment or wall for painting.
- The shells are ground into three grades of grits. The Coarse Grits are used for blast cleaning purpose, components can be cleaned without marking or etching the components blasted surfaces and also used in landscape mulching.
- Shape of every grains of our product is angular not in round, that gives best and fast results then other medias and can reused for multiple times.
- The Medium Grits are used for cleaning machinery such as sprayers and grape-harvesting equipment; the military also uses it to scour battleships and jet engines. For walnut shell filter in the oil field and refineries for west water filtration to remove oil and solids form the waste water. For cleaning turbocharger, instead of water, dry solid bodies in the form of granules of WALNUT SHELL is used for cleaning.
- The Finest Grade is reserved for women cosmetics scrub and skin care to buff the skin to remove dull, dead layers to awaken new youthful skin.
- The major advantage of the walnut shell grit is that fragile components can be cleaned without marking or etching the components blasted surfaces.
Applications:A BLAST CLEANING MEDIA:
- For removal of paint, flash, burrs and other flaws in plastic, aluminum and zinc die casting and electronics industries.
- As a replacement for paint removal, graffiti removal and general cleaning in restoration of buildings, bridges, and outdoor statuary.
- In chemical and oil industry to clean out the oily surface.
- Walnut shell waste water filter media.
- For aircraft engine clean out.
- For cleaning turbocharger.
Other Uses :
- Prevents lost circulation in oil well drilling.
- Provide a non-skid enhancer in abrasive paints around swimming pools, walkway, dock boards and paddle ball courts.
- To manufacturing coated abrasives, glass cleaning pads, plywood etc.
- For woman cosmetics scrub and skin care.
- Coarse 6-8, 8-12, 12-16, 12-20
- Medium 20-30, 30-40,
- Fine 40-60, 60-80, 100 and fine.
Benefits of Soft Abrasives :
- Non-toxic causes no health or environmental hazards.
- Re-usable, long lasting.
- Reduces cycle time of finishing operations.
- Preserves micro finishes.
Physical Characteristics :
- Specific gravity - 1.2 - 1.4
- Hardness - 2.5 - 3.0 on MOHS scale.
- PH - 7.5